Tuesday 6 August 2013

from little things big things grow...


Last year I got married. 
After 10 years with my partner and 4 children later, 
I thought it was a good time to get married!! 
I thought it would be a lovely way to celebrate as a couple and as a family, the bond and the love we had created together.

So, the wedding planning began with a certain regard to our minimum budget. We both wanted an outdoor wedding with a casual feel. 
I wanted to create both a simple and stylish ceremony with a relaxed and fun reception atmosphere.

I liked the idea of a vintage theme...
no, loved the idea of a vintage theme. 
I also preferred to choose eco friendly options as much as possible.  

And so, I created my little vintage, eco, handmade wedding...
made with love. X

a bit of fun before the ceremony  

(photo by naomi mawson)

my beautiful family

(photo by naomi mawson)

in the moment

(photo by naomi mawson)

sealed with a kiss

(photo by naomi mawson)

cute eco chalk board...thankyou Quirk Comforts

(photo by naomi mawson)

vintage style wedding cake ...mint chocolate mud, yum!

(photo by naomi mawson)

1950's typewriter...once belonged to my mother-in-law

(photo by sandra robertson)
Vintage High Tea Stand. Thanks Quirky Comforts

(photo by sandra robertson)

Vintage and recycled glass dishes

(photo by sandra robertson)
Vintage glass bottles and lace

(photo by sandra robertson)
at the end of the day...

(photo by sandra robertson)
 
It was such a beautiful little vintage day.

I had enjoyed the creative process of sourcing my vintage and eco decor so much, that I wanted to add to my collection and hire it out for others to style their own little vintage and eco weddings.

The seed for Little Vintage Days was planted. 
From little things, big things grow...

1 comment:

  1. What a glorious wedding day!! You looked so cute and gorgeous Sonja. So sweet. xx Leisa from Quirky Comforts

    ReplyDelete